Friday, January 31, 2014

Cool Art meme circulating on Facebook

Have you seen this message on Facebook?

"The idea is to occupy Facebook with art, breaking the monotony of photos of lunch, sushi and sports. Whoever likes this post will receive an artist and has to publish a piece by that artist with this text"

I first noticed it a few days ago and didn't think it was for me. Maybe because I didn't recognise the art that accompanied it. Anyway, I then started my Art & Music class at uni. I realised how very little art knowledge I have and remembered this meme and decided to join in.
One friend had this piece by Shag:
(link to his website):

Another had this piece by Gustav Klimt:
(link to Klimt Gallery):



I was given Spanish artist Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989) and chose this:
(link to Dali Museum):

Soft Watch at the Moment of First Explosion

I'm sure there are some really in depth discussions about what it represents and means, but to me it was a visual representation of how crazy busy my life is lately, to the point where I feel like time is getting away from me.

I'm hoping some of my friends jump on board and I learn a little bit more about some art and artists.
If anyone does I'll add their contribution here.  I'll try to come up with a variety of artists from classics to those who are not so well known (by me) as more people join in. Suggestions welcome.

These are the artists I have allocated (with the artwork chosen and a link on their name to a gallery/website etc for further details.)


























 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Some of these pieces were selections I saw on other Facebook walls from people who had taken up the challenge from other friends. (ie I didn't allocate the artist) I kind of liked the idea of a bunch of random art pieces on my blog. I hope you've enjoyed the selection too.

No comments:

Post a Comment